Friday, April 1, 2011

Scandal at the Farmhouse - first review!

Nervously, I opened an email from Sizzling Hot Books today and found the very first review for Scandal at the Farmhouse, my story about a Victorian virgin struggling to get out of marrying the man her parents have chosen for her. I was a little worried about how people would react to Ned, the hero, because he is a rough diamond - very sexy, but definitely not well-bred! I was thrilled to find that the reviewer described Ned and Clara's story as 'fast paced and great for an evening treat.'  I think I might have to print that out and get it framed!

Sizzling Hot Books is great for tracking down raunchier romantic reads. I liked the way the reviewer described my headstrong heroine: 'Clara has a gift for getting into or making trouble without a thought to others ....  I must admit it’s fun watching someone get into bigger scrapes than I do.' Say no more!
Full review at Sizzling Hot Books or you can read the first chapter of Scandal at the Farmhouse right  here.

5 comments:

  1. "Fast paced and great for an evening treat" is totally worth framing - congratulations, Cody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Cody. Well done! Don't be nervous about reading reviews - if someone's moved enough to write a review about your book, then you've done your job well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Tyree and Leigh - It is still all very new to me at the moment, but very exciting. Maybe by the time I get my 100th review I'll be more relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely review, Cody and very well deserved!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome! It's one thing to get published and another all together to get great reviews. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete