Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dark Cloud - Silver Lining

Hi guys,
I've been under a dark cloud lately, because the imprint that publishes me has been in trouble. First we lost our editor Jane Holland, for reasons I won't go into, but I can tell you that she went above and beyond the call of duty for Embrace Books under very difficult circumstances. Then, about ten days later we got the bad news that the imprint will close - which I found hard to understand since just a couple of weeks earlier, the parent company published an article saying that Maggi Andersen's beautiful historical -  'The Reluctant Marquess' was one of their fastest selling books ever, and that all the other titles were selling steadily. I've just had another fantastic review too - sure to encourage more sales:

"I love Cody Young's writing style! This historical romance is one you will not forget! I like that it is a forbidden relationship with some complications. I liked how Clara would speak her mind, I found it to be very refreshing for that time period when it was not done. The story is straight forward no need for a dictionary with this story! This does contain a detailed description of the consummating the marriage. If you don't care for that you can just skim over it. I was so happy with this story! I would really love to read Olivia's story. I love it when I discover a new author and I will be looking for more from Cody Young!"   (Tiffany, GoodReads, July 27) 

So you can imagine how dismayed I was to find that the books will no longer be available through Embrace Books. But this is not all bad news! All the authors get their 'rights' back - which is GREAT NEWS. It means that our books can be re-released ASAP - and we can have more control over the cover, the price, and the marketing. Scandal at the Farmhouse will come out very soon with a brand new cover - at the irresistable price of 99 cents. It will also be available for the first time in print - good news for people who still love the feel of a 'real' book! I will keep you posted.

Meanwhile, check out Ranae Rose's new cover for 'Taken Hostage' and Judy Jarvie's new cover for 'Nanny Behaving Badly'.   In my next blog post - I'll reveal my new cover for my upcoming YA trilogy - starting with a wild time travel adventure. More to come! My other book, American Smile is still on sale - and selling more copies every week. The latest review is a four-star one, up on GoodReads here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, Cody. :)
    To be honest, I think the closure of Embrace was a stroke of good luck for Taken Hostage. I was able to design it just the way I wanted and so far all is going well. I hadn't seriously considered releasing a book myself before but so far I've really enjoyed it and will probably do it again. And it looks like this self-publishing venture is probably more lucrative for me than pubbing with Embrace would have been, too.
    I think Scandal will do well too after you re-release it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taken Hostage has a seriously sexy cover - that book is going to sell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cody for following and best of luck :-) To your health and success!

    ReplyDelete