Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Favorite Promo Pics for Johnny Doesn't Drink Champagne


I am thinking of filming a book trailer for Johnny Doesn't Drink Champagne, and with that end in mind I designed and sewed a medieval-style 'Burgundian' dress for the the actor who plays Maddie to wear.

This is what I came up with. It is made of black double velvet, worn over a gold kirtle, and fastened with an embroidered silver sash. I also made the snood, it is crocheted in gold yarn with pearls stitched over the lattice work.

She's wearing it with bare feet as I haven't yet mastered the art of making medieval shoes. 

In the true spirit of indie publishing I did all the photos myself - so I hope you like some of them! I like the candle ones best.



 If you haven't yet read Johnny Doesn't Drink Champagne, you'd better hurry up because the sequel: Johnny and the Vampires of Versailles is on its way. Here's the link to the Goodreads page so you can check out some of the reviews.

It has just made the top 100 'Best Paranormal Books' on Goodreads too - which is wonderful news - it isn't easy to get that kind of exposure for an independent book. I've started planning Book Three, and with my usual wild optimism, I'm hoping to release it before the end of this year.



3 comments:

  1. Great pics and such talent with the dress making and the book writing.

    Congrats on it being in the top 100. I tell people what a unique book it is and I know a few have let me know they were going to read it. Looking forward to the next book in the series. I have so much to read but will definitely read your books as they are released. Great job all around Cody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I wrote three thousand words last night so I'm getting closer and closer to finishing the book. Not that I really want it to end, coz it's fun to write, but I do want people to be able to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, well done, Cody~! We're reenactors, and have lots of other clothes.. :) Can't wait to read!
    L

    ReplyDelete